Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just a Few Things I'm Loving Right Now

Just thought I'd let you all in some secret things I am adoring right now:

1. My 7" Santoku Knife that my brother and sister in law got us for Christmas! This thing will cut through anything, 'like butta!' Tomatoes cringe, potatoes cut themselves when they see it coming, and my garlic pleads with me, promising to never make my hands stinky again!

2. My Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker.

So far, this thing has cooked any of my vegetables from green beans to carrots to potatoes to a PERFECT...hmmm...perfect what? Perfect texture? Al dente? Well, whatever the word is for perfectly cooked veggies, this does it. Not to raw, not to mushy! It does stews, meats, chicken, and more! So far, the longest cook time has been 8 minutes! 8 MINUTES! Talk about quick and easy! (Once again, thank you to the brother and sister-in-law for this gift as well!)



3. My Zune MP3 Player and the long lost MP3's Justin found backed upped on his friend's computer that we thought he lost years ago! I take this thing everywhere with me. Some of you may be wondering, 'Is she crazy? Why is she boasting about an MP3 Player?' Well, it's been a very long 2+ years since my first one broke and so now I'm like a kid with a new toy! Thanks to my sister and brother-in-law for this little gift.

4. I guess from reading the posts above, I must include as #4 that I am loving MY FAMILY! Ha! If it weren't for my fabulously older (and wiser) brother and sister, I would not be secretly loving anything! In honor of them, I came across this pic from forever ago!

That's me on the left, then my brother Bill, and then my sister Shelly. I must say we actually all look related in this picture...partially due to the fact that we all look really crazy! What happened is that we were posing for a picture at my Grandpa's house and at the last minute, Bill (who had his arms around us) grabbed us and violently starting tickling us! This caused us all to drop our chins, open our big mouths, and laugh...which is apparently the 'missing link' pose to tie us together!

Well, that's what I'm secretly loving this week!

No comments: