...an award? for me? Yippee! One of my favorite sayings is, 'it's the small things Pete.' (Sometimes I call Justin, 'Pete', for reasons unbeknownst to me any more. We seem to disagree as to the origins of the name but my story is that it started with 'stinky', then went to 'stinky feet', then on to 'stinky pete' because it rhymed, and then shortened to 'pete')...however, I digress.
It's the small things such as this virtual award that really just make my day! I must thank my very good friend Beth Ann over at Life With Us In KS for tagging me with this special award, especially since she was the force that pushed me off my duff into getting this blog started. Cheers to you BA!
So here is the deal. I am supposed to pass this on to 6 other beautiful bloggers as well as tell you all beautiful readers 6 things that make me happy.
First, the formalities:
1. Bryn over at Newlywedisms by Bryn
2. Jessica at The Everyday Adventures of Me in the City
5. pixieprincss at Green Thoughts
6. 'd' at All Things G&D
Now for the fun stuff! 6 things that make me happy:
1. Justin and planning our wedding...and not so much the planning part (I procrastinate like something TERRIBLE...ask the person that gave me this award...a month ago!)...but more the fact that every time I do sit down to 'plan' it, I get all happy knowing we will spend the rest of our lives together forever...sigh (I had to, it was gushy...it deserved a sigh).
2. My 'kiddies' as I call them. That would my niece and nephews: Madison Grace (almost 3); Jude Xavier (2...and my godson!); Kai Daniel (just turned 1).
3. Trying out a new brew and LOVING it! To name a few memorable ones:
- Old Speckled Hen (Props to my brother for this one. We had it at Churchill's Pub & Grill in Chandler, AZ with our 'quintessentially British' Christmas dinner there. I highly recommend both.
- Jack Whacker's (It's a nice wheat beer brewed at Tommyknocker Brewery out of Idaho Springs, CO. And while you're there, you must eat at Beau Jo's Pizza...thanks to Uncle Tom for that one!)
- Of course, I must give some love to the locals and mention Boulevard Wheat as well as O'malley's Festival Ale from O'malley's Pub in Weston, MO.
4. My down comforter in the winter...I don't know what I would do without it!
5. Anything that is purple really.
6. My puppy doggy! It's a love, hate relationship really...but for the most part she makes me happy. Okay, so I did catch her drinking water out of the toilet this morning and I do make fun of her for being deathly afraid of the Vick's humidifier, but she is a good snuggle bug...and adorable!