Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How NOT to Earn One's Business

Below is an email I received today at work after inquiring about my interest in a leadership seminar:


Hi Kristy,

Thanks for your previous interest in our event Leadership Across the Generations. The event is appropriate for Vice Presidents of Human Resources. I apologize we won’t be able to accommodate you.

I hope you’ll enjoy a quiz from one of our publications, “Motivating the ‘What’s In It For Me?’ Workforce”. Separately I’ve attached the answers.

Kind regards,


Bernadette Walter
Corporate Sales


What? A quiz? You slap that in my face and then have the kahunas to attach a quiz...which I took and passed with FLYING colors...Thank. You. Very. Much! Okay, I will admit that my inquiring email did have my signature on it which posted my title and which obviously is not a VP of any sort. However, who's to say that perhaps I have more than one title, more than one job, own my own company, enquiring for a VP, or maybe I am actually Donald Trump posing as someone else to avoid the publicity? Huh?

Well Ms. Bernadette Walter, sadly enough, you will never know. According to your little quiz, I already know everything there is to know about your seminar topic. And no, I will not be a guest speaker for you...EVER!

No comments: