Friday, May 29, 2009

So Long, Farewell...

Today marks the very last day at my still new job. I was there for almost 6 months. It was bittersweet to say the least. I am so not a crier when it comes to things like this and thought for sure I'd be 'cool'....uh, yeah, nooooot! Maybe it's all this wedding planning, who knows, but I was such a sap over this! So in honor of my old job and all the wonderful peeps there:

Top 5 Reasons I Am Glad To No Longer Have My Job:
(in no random order)
1. Cockroaches as big as my hand in the lower level basement...which happens to be the same level as the cafeteria. I hadn't seen one in a long time but was fortunate to have one grace it's presence in front of me this morning. I think he was coming out to say goodbye to me. It also just so happened to be the biggest one I have seen since working there.

2. Panels! As an intern, I had to give a huge report both written and orally on what I had learned every quarter. I only did one in my short time there but could only surmise that they wouldn't get easier. Things like that don't get easier for procrastinators!

3. The purpose of my quitting...to be able to move to the country with my fiance, get married, be with family, start a family, plant a garden, brew some beer, make mosaics, and take long walks while the sun is setting...so long as we don't get chased by a rabid skunk (that's a separate post in and of itself!).

4. I no longer have to hear one of my co-workers call me, (in a kind of high pitched, feminine voice) 'Krisssthhh- eeeeee Yama-gu-chi!' So we have the same first name....

Kristy Yamaguchi.............................................................. Me

-Japanese/Filipino .........................................-Pasty White
-Dancing with the Stars Champ ...................-No one wants to see me shake this money maker
-IN the Olympics ...........................................-Gets drunk & pretends to commentate the Olympics
-Born in 1971 ..................................................-Born in 1980
-Married to a hockey player ........................-Engaged to an Electronics Technician

Need I say more on this!

5. The mile long walk from my car to my cube, in the rain, after having blow-dried AND straightened my hair, while wearing very PAINFULLY cute shoes, and remembering I left my umbrella at my cube!

No comments: